With all the decor, food items, presents, get together and all sorts of common attractions, who would not be excited in the holiday seasons? However there are some people that might take the holidays as the prime time to steal. It’s true that during holiday season, we wish to show off our amazing lights therefore we would shut off other home lighting to focus the attention to the lights. Due to this, the house is dimmer thus enticing more thieves. As most purchases happens in this season, from gifts to discounted furniture and appliances, the thieves take it as a better opportunity.
These days, social networks are causing the increased rate of home break ins. The status placed in these sites concerning being out of the house serves as a indication to the thieves. Never assume all individuals in the social networking sites are friends so there’s always a likelihood that posts about going out opens an opportunity to criminals to do their plans.
Moreover, aside from the status post about vacation, the devices as well as any other valuable things posted may also be at risk. When things like this are shown on the web, thieves would have a preview what to get in the house. It won’t be too difficult for them to check on these items on places where it is usually stored. Thus, it is necessary that you avoid posting things that will tempt individuals doing criminal activity.
Additionally, yet another way for criminals to take advantage of you is soliciting money for charities and alike. Dishonest people benefit from the giving nature of the holidays by coming up with sympathetic-sounding agencies that tug at the heartstrings of generous people. It can be hard to know the difference between a genuine charity and one that is a scam, so it’s advisable to be cautious when unknown people ask for money.
The following are other strategies you need to observe on holiday seasons:
• Set up a home security system. Security systems are the good investment because it can help you avoid or catch criminals.
• Solely give money to charitable organizations that have good reputations. Do your research before giving.
• Make sure that your house does not appear to be abandoned and have your neighbors to check on it once in a while if you’re out.
• Don’t keep your holiday presents visible on windows.
• Dispose properly your gift wrappers or boxes to ensure that burglars will not have any idea on your new stuff
Holiday season is definitely the most awaited time of the year. Don’t let someone destroy this special season thus always be on guard and alert. Make the safety and security a priority in the home.